March 8 is celebrated as International Women’s Day across the world. As Christian women, we are called to live our lives in accordance with the Will of God. However, it can be discouraging and disheartening to live as a woman in this world which is often deeply sexist and cruel. At times like these, it is important to turn to scripture for encouragement, inspiration, and strength.
Through the stories of Mary, Rachel, Rebecca, Ruth, and others, we have learned that women are valuable inside and outside the world. We are daughters of God and we are loved deeply by our Father. God made women in His image and he has entrusted us with great responsibilities and blessed us richly with virtues, strength, and determination. We’ve curated seven empowering bible verses for when you need to remember your worth and value in the eyes of the Lord. Remember that Christ lives in you and you are beautiful and powerful because He is!
1. God is within her; she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. Psalms 46:5
2. She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31: 25
3. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength Philippians 4: 13
4. Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Proverbs 31: 30
5. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
6. “Nevertheless, in the Lord, woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God.” 1 Corinthians 11-127. “Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.” 1 Peter 3:3-4